Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Red Bull Crashed Ice National Championships

This past weekend Red Bull presented, for the first time in the United States, the Crashed Ice National Championships in downtown St. Paul. Several club members attended the event (and even managed to score Media badges!)

It was a crazy event: Imagine screaming down a bobsled or luge track, only on ice skates. And there are hills and moguls in your way. And there are four of you all racing at the same time. Amazing to watch, and fun to photograph!

These are several of my favorites from Friday night; others will be posting their pictures as well.

Jon











2 comments:

  1. Wow - how did you get media badges? I wanted to go but figured I wouldn't get a good spot to shoot. -Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had to go early to get a good location.

    I simply asked for my badge when I was in the media tent and they had me fill out a form and gave it to me but that was after I sold them a picture. :) The designated media shooting locations looked crowded and not always in the best spots either but I did use it to get the podium shots of the winners.

    ReplyDelete