Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October Lunch & Learn - Creative Editing

Today we revisted a popular past topic - using a supplied photo to see how different people would edit it.  Jon Laqua sent out this original photo:


Several club members submitted one or two versions of this photo. There was a variety of techniques used in Photoshop, Lightroom 3 and Picasa, among other tools. Some people used pre-definited filters. Each club member explained briefly what he or she did and what they were trying to evoke with the image.  Everyone did a great job and it was neat to see so many different versions of the same photo.  Below are all the various images that were submited.

David Mortenson's versions:



Deb Shoemaker's version:


Adam Crane's versions:


Jeannette Appold's version:


John Rubbo's version:


Dan Gustafson's version:


Brian Kaszyprk's version:


Craig Madsen's versions:


Jon Laqua's soft filter version:


Jon's final version for his wall:

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Just wondering, what were the tools used to edit the picture and what are the filters applied on each edited pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I was not able to capture that information at the time of the meeting. However, if you contacted each photographer they should be able to tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of them were completed in lightroom just playing with the sliders for most people based on the discussions other then using Photoshop to remove the power lines.

    Jon will have to speak to his as he mainly Used photoshop. He mentioned some action he had downloaded that he used after using content aware fill on the house and lines to remove them in PS.

    My first image is just increasing the vibrance and contrast and other basic adjustments within lightroom other then the power line removal in PS.

    For my second one I used OnOne Phototools which is a bolt on to Photoshop. Dan Gustafson also used it on his. He had all his filters listed. I have a basic idea of which ones I think I used but forgot to keep track when I was experimenting

    ReplyDelete